Thursday 27 December 2012

The Coach and Horses - again!

Well, It's not often I mention the same place twice, but an amazing meal at the Coach and Horses in Newport,Essex, just deserves a mention!

We'd booked a meal for 4 last Saturday as a Christmas meet up with friends. Unfortunately Sam was ill so it just ended up the 3 of us.

Steve ordered the veggie Mezze, which is always a winner, but I asked for a Lucy Special!!!! Lucy, the fantastic chef, can always be relied upon to come up with an amazing vegan dish given a little notice, and she certainly didn't disappoint!!!

When my plate turned up, I couldn't believe the size of it! Even the people on the next table turned round for a look!

There was a bed of salad, with leaves, peppers and avocado, then 4 pieces of garlic bread, topped with two half peppers stuffed with spiced cous cous with onions and vegetables. Truly delicious, though I must admit, I had to call on Steve and Robbie to help me clear my plate!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment